Monday, June 23, 2008

Beam me over Scotty!

Well the morning started at the church with some paperwork followed by a great time in Memphis. I love this group of people!
The road to the airport took a detour to Red Robbins. I always enjoyed the "Little Red Riding Hood" story. Not sure it has anything to do with our day in Memphis, but thought you would want to know.
Sloan and Ben pondered the vast menu.
These three were just glad to be out of the car!
Lindsey stopped chewing just in time for this pic. She is a great woman to have on the team! Beans sporting the cap.
Ken and Libby played the red straw, while Casey sang vocals.
The groupies enjoyed the performance.
Mark found a girlfriend in Memphis, she seemed a little stoic to me.We found this authentic Czech torture chair that tried to Kaitlyn, but we rescued her.

We debated whether or not to take a swim....deciding it may make the flight a bit longer....
I helped this family learn to read in our spare time, thankfully the book had lots of pictures.

Then it was off to the land of checked luggage and security checks.
Ken and Lib checking out the ticket situation.
Mr. Cool. I think those glasses cost $5 at Wal-Mart if anyone wants to start a trend.
Beans on the move...
The look of FOCUS! Casey brought her A-game... Ken reminding the team not to say "bomb" in an airport...then security reminded him of the same (just kidding)
I think some may not sleep due to anticipation and excitement.
This may be the best picture I have of Big Ben...AKA "Thunderabs"
I would like you to think they were praying, but I prayed for us AND had the camera...that kind of multi-tasking is beyond me.
Surprisingly, everyone made it through security without much problem. In appreciation of their service of driving & in hopes that they will not beat me up, I post this pic of our servants who helped transport the team. This picture was staged, but those left behind felt these very emotions.
Thanks to all who have allowed their kiddos to be part of God's mission around the world and to all who have supported their efforts!!
God protect the team you have sent and may they fulfill all your purposes!

2 comments:

Calvin said...

We are praying for you!!!

Little Oak Table said...

Babe, that is a great post. I am very thankful they arrived safely!!! I love you!