Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Who's Your Phantom?

Confession time. In my life, I have been to two musicals. One was horrible and one changed my life. The one that changed my life....The Phantom of the Opera. I think A-baby and I were just dating and she and some friends heard PotO was coming to Memphis to the Orphium. Not knowing what an Orphium was, I went along with it.


The show was awesome and I was sitting at the edge of my seat...which is funny considering before that day all I knew was there was a guy with a stupid mask in a thing where people sang a lot and no one won any championships...However, the hot babe I was dating wanted to see it...so I was viewing it as a sacrifice for the good of a hottie!


So there I was, amazed at the show and now in love with a musical (OK this makes me feel uncomfortable :) ). One desire A-train and I have is perform a musical together. We have thought of doing the "I am 16 going on 17" from the Sound of Music together...but now that we are almost double those ages....maybe not. How about a selection from the Phantom? Which hits would you suggest? I know them all! I can see it now..."NOW PERFORMING......"


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Phantom! It's the first musical I saw, and the only one I've actually seen on Broadway in New York. Lots of good music... I've got the soundtrack if you need to borrow it to practice with. :) I can't wait for your debut!

Samantha said...

hahaha awesome

Thanks again for tonight. It meant so much to me.

David said...

If you two are going to sing a duet, I think it has to be Master of the House from Les Mis (which, by the way, is even better than Phantom).

Becke' said...

This is too much. Soooo, which musical did you hate?

I think you should see Fiddler and sing Sunrise, Sunset. Eric and I always sing "Do you love me?" from that one! Classic!

Jenny said...

Oh my.... that pic is a little creepy!! but can't wait to see the finished product;)