Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Final Thoughts of a 2 Child Parent

We are 10 hours away from meeting Baby "W" #3. I am excited, nervous, and thrilled to be welcoming the newest addition into the family. After a very tough work month, I look forward to spending nights on the hospital chair, waking up every couple hours for Anna to feed the baby or get her blood pressure checked or the Dr. to make rounds.

I wonder what will change. How will the dynamics be with a baby and two rumblin' tumblin toddlers? (Not looking for an answer, just thinking out loud).

I cannot wait to have those doors swing open and reveal to the awaiting masses (ok 2-5 people) if we will be engulfed in pink or dodging having to pay for a wedding for a third time. I cannot wait to hold this little one, while everyone reminds me to hold the neck up.

The sweet smell of Germ-X from family and friends who come and desire to hold the wee one. American Idol should be interesting with Anna on Morphine! I bet it is Willie Nelson night on AI.

I am so pumped about not having to endure Toad Suck this year (I like the event, but hate the heat and the masses who could care less that your kid is being trampled by people more concerned about their chicken on a stick & fried twinkies)!

Anyways, overall I am really excited and love the first few days of getting to know and show off a new baby. It should be something. Text me if you desire to know the gender.

SAW

3 comments:

David said...

We're looking forward to it too! I'm excited that our Anna will have so many friends to play with.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who gets told to "watch the head" when I pick up a baby.

If you put on a video of a High School Musical, do you think would notice that it isn't AI?

Samantha said...

This little baby is going to be so blessed with an incredible family - I am so excited to meet him or her in a couple of weeks!

Little Oak Table said...

muffin! that is such a sweet post!! i love you!